Investor Charter Depository Participant
JBS Securities is a Vision of Leadership, Quality and Astute Advisory incorporated as a Private / Ltd. Company / Partnership / Proprietary Firm. Since 1995, we have consciously constituted ourselves as a conscientious consultant with focus on optimizing investor returns taking into account investment objectives and financial goals.
- JBS Securities was established with a mission to provide trustworthy financial services under one roof. We strive to provide customized solutions for wealth creation and wealth growth resulting in high level of customer satisfaction with uncompromised integrity.
- To hold securities of investors in dematerialised form and facilitate its transfer, while ensuring safekeeping of securities and protecting interest of investors.
- To provide timely and accurate information to investors with regard to their holding and transfer of securities held by them.
3. Details of business transacted by the Depository and Depository Participant (DP)
Depository participant is an agent of the Depository (NSDL & CDSL), and traders and investors. Essentially, a depository participant means a place that resembles a bank that stores money and conducts transactions. Instead of money, a depository participant acts as a store of assets such as securities. With a DP or depository participant, you can open a Demat account and store securities and then trade with them as your account may be linked with your trading account. Serving as an agent of one or both the NSDL and CDSL, a depository participant helps you manage your assets efficiently.
4. Description of services provided by the Depository through Depository Participants (DP) to investors
(1) Basic Services
Brief about the Activity / Service
Expected Timelines for processing by the DP after receipt of proper documents
Dematerialization of securities
Rematerialization of securities
Mutual Fund Conversion/ Destatementization
Re-conversion / Restatementisation of Mutual fund units
Transmission of securities
Registering pledge request
Closure of demat account
Depositories to accept physical DIS for pay-in of securities upto 4 p.m and DIS in electronic form upto 6 p.m on T+1 day
(2) Depositories provide special services like pledge, hypothecation, internet based services etc. in addition to their core services and these include
Type of Activity /Service
Brief about the Activity / Service
Value Added Services
Depositories also provide value added services such as
a. Basic Services Demat Account (BSDA)
b. Transposition cum dematerialization
c. Linkages with Clearing System
d. Distribution of cash and non-cash corporate benefits (Bonus, Rights, IPOs etc.), stock lending, demat of NSC / KVP, demat of warehouse receipts etc.
Digitalization of Services provided by the depositories
5. Details of Grievance Redressal Mechanism
(1) The Process of investor grievance redressal
Investor Complaint/ Grievances
Investor can lodge complaint/ grievance against the Depository/DP in the following ways:
a. Electronic mode – SCORES (a web based centralized grievance redressal system of SEBI) www.scores.gov.in/scores/Welcome.html
(i) Respective Depository’s web portal dedicated for the filing of compliant
CDSL – www.cdslindia.com/Footer/grievances.aspx
CDSL – firstname.lastname@example.org
(iv) Emails to designated email IDs of depository Participant email@example.com
The complaints/ grievances lodged directly with the Depository Participant shall be resolved within 30 days.
Investor Grievance Redressal Committee of Depository Participant
If no amicable resolution is arrived, then the Investor has the option to refer the complaint/ grievance to the Grievance Redressal Committee (GRC) of the Depository. Upon receipt of reference, the GRC will endeavor to resolve the complaint/ grievance by hearing the parties, and examining the necessary information and documents.
The Investor may also avail the arbitration mechanism set out in the Byelaws and Business Rules/Operating Instructions of the Depository in relation to any grievance, or dispute relating to depository services. The arbitration reference shall be concluded by way of issue of an arbitral award within 4 months from the date of appointment of arbitrator(s).